- Must be a Long Island (Nassau & Suffolk County), NY Resident attending a Long Island (Nassau & Suffolk County), NY School.
- Must be an incoming undergraduate freshman. All majors of study are accepted.
- Applicant must maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA and complete both essay questions.
- Each essay must be 500 words and titled “Ferro Foundation Scholarship.”
- Student must provide their .edu email address and full name on the essay document.
- Applicant is responsible for insuring that all items listed are submitted as one package and postmarked by June 1st, 2024.
- Completed, signed application.
- Most recent official transcript of high school (see item II B of application).
- Copy of the letter of acceptance from the college that student is attending.
- Supply The Ferro Foundation with final transcript by June 30th annually to receive your check.
No reminders regarding submission of this information package will be provided to applicant prior to the deadline. Incomplete application packages will NOT be considered.
Terms & Conditions:
- A portion of The Ferro Foundation Scholarship will be disbursed every year, for up to four (4) years ($2,500/year). The winner will be required to maintain a 3.0 GPA to receive the disbursement each year following the initial disbursement. In order to receive the disbursement for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th years, the student must submit their official transcript and a unique letter of recommendation from a professor by March 1st each year to continue receiving the disbursement. This must be done annually for three (3) years after the initial disbursement until the $10,000 is awarded.
- In order to confirm enrollment, The Ferro Foundation may ask the applicant to provide personal information (like student birthdate or ID). If the financial aid office requires verification to grant The Ferro Foundation access to student records, it is the student’s responsibility to communicate with The Ferro Foundation in a timely manner.
- If the student does not meet a 3.0 GPA or submit the required documents by June 30th each year, the student will forfeit the remainder of the disbursement and will not be able to reapply.
- The Ferro Foundation will not be held accountable for notifying students to submit any documents.
- The Ferro Foundation Scholarship funds will be submitted directly to a financial aid office of the institution that matches the student’s primary .edu email address.
- If the applicant doesn’t meet the eligibility requirements at the time of disbursement, The Ferro Foundation reserves the right to withhold the award.
- The Ferro Foundation & Alure Home Improvements employees and their immediate families are not eligible to apply for the scholarship. The Ferro Foundation & Alure Home Improvements dealers and their immediate families are not eligible to apply.
- In the event that no applicant meets the requirements for academic achievement and writing aptitude to win the scholarship, The Ferro Foundation reserves the right to withhold awarding the scholarship.
- The Ferro Foundation Inc. is a 501(c)(3) of the New York Not-for-Profit Corporation Law (the “NPCL”), the responsible party for scholarship disbursements.
- Applications will be reviewed and a winner will be selected by a Scholarship Selection Board chosen by the Board of Directors of The Ferro Foundation, which will consider applicant’s grades, extracurricular activities, financial needs and essays.
- Winner will be announced in August and winner will be notified by mail.
Mail complete application package to:
The Ferro Foundation – ATTN: Scholarship Program
208 Route 109, Suite 103B
Farmingdale, NY 11735
516-426-9552 – firstname.lastname@example.org